Cheesy Asparagus Casserole
“This is a great yet simple way to cook fresh asparagus.”
Serving: 12 | Prep: 10m | Ready in: 38m
• 15 spears fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, or more to taste
• 1 tbsp. butter, softened, or as needed
• 3 slices bread, divided
• 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 4 oz. processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cubed
• In a saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Put in asparagus and steam,
covered, for 8 minutes, until softened. Drain.
• Spread on each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter, then cube bread.
• In a bowl, stir together 2/3 of buttered bread cubes, processed cheese food
and cream of mushroom soup, then stir in asparagus. Place onto a 13”x9”
baking dish with the asparagus mixture, then put leftover bread cubes on top.
• In the preheated oven, bake for 20 minutes, until bread turns golden brown.
• Calories: 82 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 6.4 g
• Cholesterol: 10 mg
• Total Fat: 5 g
• Protein: 3.1 g
• Sodium: 332 mg