Egg Rolls A La Paye
“Crispy egg roll with shrimp, chicken and bacon.”
Serving: 12 | Prep: 30m | Ready in: 35m
• 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
• 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
• 1 (4 oz.) can small shrimp, drained
• 3 cups bean sprouts
• 2 tsps. soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
• 1 (14 oz.) package egg roll wrappers
• 1 quart oil for deep frying
• Mix together the bean sprouts, shrimp, chicken and bacon in a big bowl.
Add garlic salt and soy sauce to season, and combine till well incorporated.
Put several liberal tsps. onto the middle of an egg roll wrapper at a time, and
roll up following packaging instructions.
• In a big heavy skillet, heat sufficient oil to submerge rolls full to 180 °C or
365 °F. Let the rolls fry several at a time, flipping one time, till golden
brown. Using tongs, transfer on paper towels to drain. Delicious as is, or
serve together with plum sauce for dipping.
• Calories: 215 calories;
• Total Carbohydrate: 20.1 g
• Cholesterol: 30 mg
• Total Fat: 10.6 g
• Protein: 9.6 g
• Sodium: 367 mg